What is Web 2.0?

I know the article is too late. We are done with all type of definitions and I am now talking about it.

I planned to write a five second explanation is because I keep bumping into this question and believe me there are numerous definitions poured on the person asking this question and he is looked upon as if he does not know what internet is but finally in the end of the discussion the person asking the question still does not have the answer.

Even I came to know the answer pretty late and after some drilling on internet for the definition.

Here's my take on it:

Although the term Web 2.0 suggests a new version of the World Wide Web, it does not refer to new technology but rather to cumulative changes in the ways software developers and end-users use the Web


World Wide Web inventor Tim Berners-Lee clarifies, "I think Web 2.0 is, of course, a piece of jargon; nobody even knows what it means. If Web 2.0 for you is blogs and wikis, then that is 'people to people.' But that was what the Web was supposed to be all along. The Web was designed to be a collaborative space where people can interact."

In short, Web 2.0 isn’t new technology; it’s an emerging usage pattern.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hibernate: a different object with the same identifier value was already associated with the session

BeanDefinitionStoreException: Failed to parse configuration class: Could not find class [javax.jms.ConnectionFactory]