My Baby had seizures

My kid is 1.5 years old now (on the date I was writing this blog). When he was around five months old, we noticed some shaky movement while he used to be on mother's feed. We were not sure of what we noticed when he had these movements for initial couple of times. But when we started noticing it for more regular intervals with frequency being once in 10 days, we took it seriously and made a video to show to our pediatrician. She suspected some sort of seizures. According to her, in infants deficiency of calcium may be a cause for this behavior. Since she did not wanted to take chances, doctor wanted to do all sorts of tests like EEG and other scary Brain tests. We were getting a bit tensed.

We were searching for the relevant information on internet. There were lot of similar behaviors reported but very less remedies and directions. This was my primary reason to write this blog to share my experience to benefit to some extent, those parents who might be confused at this point in time.

Finally we were referred to a well known neurosurgeon. He advised us that a five month baby is too small to conduct brain related tests or any sort of study. He advised us that we should keep a watch and approach him once the baby is at least 8 months old. He suggest deficiency of calcium may be a cause so to increase the calcium intake. 

We had a watch on the behavior and increased the calcium intake and we noticed the behavior. I feel myself extremely lucky that we did notice seizures couple of times in a months time and after that there has been no such behavior. He is perfectly fine now.

I would suggest everyone from my experience to not panic in situation and see a good medical advice. Though we missed on few tests asked by doctors, I would like to request all to go by the advice. It may not be as scary as it appears or what information on internet says. Neurosurgeon advised us that baby's brain is developing so fast that there may be such instances. So all those concerned parents of infants less than 8 months, don't be so scared. Take an appropriate advice and best o luck.

If anyone find any of the information is not correct or could be misinterpreted, please do let me know asap. I would remove the content immediately as my sole motive is to help the concerned parents. Please do let me know, if the information helps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hibernate: a different object with the same identifier value was already associated with the session

BeanDefinitionStoreException: Failed to parse configuration class: Could not find class [javax.jms.ConnectionFactory]